Jason Calacanis has posted an article about how to linkbait him. This is my interpretation:
- Let everyone know that I am great by telling them my exceptional bio
- Follow up my bio with words such as “The King”, “Almighty”, or “The Blogging Jesus”
- Once you are done giving me all the praise that I deserve along with a picture of you worshiping me, I request that you display a history of posts that you enjoyed. I assume that you have read all of my posts on my blog, right?
- Go TP the houses of anyone that has ever talked crap about me. Also put them on your blacklist, and never read their blogs. Additionally, post a list on your blog naming each of them individually under the sub-heading “Devil Worshippers”
- Since you already have my best quotes ever engraved in plaques all over your bedroom, pick a few of them and add those to your post. Nothing makes me feel better than hearing my own gospel.
- Post a picture of me that makes me look beautiful. I know that I’m beautiful as it is, but let’s be honest, we all have a few bad pictures of ourselves. Since you already have beautiful pictures of me hanging on your shrine, why not take out your digital camera, snap a shot of one of them and add it to the post. I like seeing my beautiful face.
- Talk about the days when we hung out (even if we didn’t). I like to know that I have tons of real friends that I’ve built true relationships with, just like you ….. RIGHT???
- If you are going to flame me … you better do it politely. Try something such as “I believe that Mr. Calacanis was wrong when he said … but I still think he is the most incredible person in the world anyways. Wow! I can’t believe I’m saying this but I am in love with Jason Calacanis.” Something along those lines.
- Since you are already stalking me … why not link to the various locations that you are stalking me from. I have a flickr, digg, and del.icio.us account that all need some link love. I have a picture of this concrete that I think is exceptionally artistic. I call it “The One Tone Masterpiece”. Try linking to that or something. Damn, I’m a genius.
- Finally, send me a gift on my birthday. Actually, while you are at it, send me a gift every other weekend. Sometimes I have a really hard week and I really appreciate your support.
- Did I say finally? Whatever. You should also fly out to visit me at some point during the next 6 months and worship the ground that I’m standing on. Not just at that moment, but for a full 8-hour work day.
If you follow the simple steps outlined above, I’ll post a link on my blog for you.