On this episode of the Startup Marketing Podcast, I spoke with Nir Eyal, the author of Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products and founder of the Nir and Far blog. His writing can be found on multiple publications including Forbes, TechCrunch and Psychology Today. In research for his book, Nir has spent the last 3 ½ years looking into how to crack the code of what makes a product habit-forming.
For years Nir has been fascinated by why some companies life Twitter or Facebook see incredible success and over a short period of time and become habit-forming, where others, that seem to have similar viable ideas, fade into nothingness. During the interview, Nir and I discussed why habits are critical to growth and how his hook model can be used to take your product to the next level. So get comfortable and get ready to take notes…this episode is full of powerful marketing tips and strategies that you won’t want to miss!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The impact that your customers habits have on your business.
- How to make your product habit-forming to your customers.
- What Facebook, SnapChat, Twitter and Pinterest all have in common.
- Nir’s 4 -step process to hooking your customers.
- How to utilize external triggers to keep customers coming back.
Featured On The Show:
Contact Nir: Twitter Nir and Far Blog
- Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products by Nir Eyal
- Whats App
- Lean Startup Movement
- Fast Company: Evernote CEO Phil Libin’s 3 Steps to “Freemium” Success
- Product Hunt
Also, be sure to register for my newsletter to get these interviews delivered to your inbox weekly.